PNSClient issue

Rob Wirtz rob at ksu.edu
Sun Apr 25 02:21:33 CEST 2004

I have the latest PNSClient installed on about 31 windows servers.  I have a
single windows 2000 server that occasionally exhibits problems not reporting
back to my Nagios box.  I see the following in the event log on the problem
server:

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( pNSClient.exe ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
information is part of the event: Asynchronous socket error 10053.

I've uninstalled and re-installed the client, but the problem still exists.
Has anyone else run into this issue?

Rob Wirtz CNE, MCSE

Senior Network Systems Analyst

Computing and Network Services