mibs/oids for Linux resources

Cory Dinh itbayarea at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 24 23:21:32 CEST 2004

Hello All,

I'm trying to set up Nagios to monitor Linux resources like cpu, load, memory, swap, and disk but I'm having a hard time figuring out which mibs/oids I should be using.  I'm running Redhat 7.3 to 9 with net-snmp installed.  All the tools I've seen on the net so far point to the UCD branch and I'm not getting any data from them.  I've looked through the HOST-RESOURCE-* files that come with net-snmp but I'm unsure as to the exact oid I should be using.  If anyone has configured Nagios to monitor Linux resources via snmp, can you tell me which oids to use or point me to tools I could use to find out what I need?

Thanks a bunch!
Chris