Help with nrpe

Seth Hollist Seth.Hollist at ingenix.com
Thu Apr 22 00:36:06 CEST 2004

I had nrpe running as a daemon for a little while, but now it wont run at
all.  I do the command:

/bin/su - nagios -c "/usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe -c
/usr/local/nagios/nrpe.cfg -d >> /usr/local/nagios/nrpe.log 2>&1"

But I get nothing back.  it doesn't run.  No error messages. Nothing.  How
can I find out what's wrong with it?

recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying
to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.