more on disk checking

Phil Costelloe philc at foundation-it.com
Wed Apr 14 10:49:00 CEST 2004

Peter Lauda wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Well I've installed the NRPE package and have the nrpe daemon running
> on my target system. Have configured the .cfg to allow
> connections from my
> workstation for testing. Have setup the nagios server side to execute
> the check_disk pluging on the target.
>
> When I enable the check all I get is 127 plugin may be missing. Can
> anyone provide the correct syntax for the server side and
> client side of
> this, or point me to some doc on it? I looked for faqs at the download
> sites but can't find any thing yet...

Command definition on Nagios server:

define command {
    command_name    check_nrpe
    command_line    $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c $ARG1$
}

Service definition on Nagios server:

define service {
    use    generic-service
    host_name    solaris-host
    service_description    Disk: /apps
    contact_groups    solaris-admins
    check_period    24x7
    notification_interval    120
    notification_options    w,u,c,r
    notification_period    24x7
    check_command    check_nrpe!check_disk_apps
    max_check_attempts    3
    normal_check_interval    120
    retry_check_interval    1
}

nrpe.cfg on solaris-host:

command[check_disk_apps]=/opt/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 20% -c 10% -p
/dev/vx/dsk/datadg02/vol01

Phil