hosts.cfg and ping question

Julie Catellier julie.catellier at vanderbilt.edu
Mon Apr 12 18:03:52 CEST 2004

We currently have an in-house developed service monitoring system
and Spectrum.  The in-house application has served us well for many
years but we need more functionality and have turned to Nagios
recently.  We monitor the university servers but each school has
there own IT department as well.  We do not monitor those systems.
Now, to answer your question, no, we do not monitor systems
university wide and we monitor less than 2000 devices.

--On Friday, April 09, 2004 9:46 AM -0500 Marc Powell
<marc at ena.com> wrote:

> Hey Julie,
>
> I'm sorry if this is a bother but I'm curious; is Vandy using
> Nagios University-wide or is it a smaller implementation for a
> School or Department? We're using it to monitor all the K12
> schools here in Tennessee (about 2000 devices) and I was
> wondering if Vandy's installation is of a similar scale.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Marc

Julie Catellier
Vanderbilt University
Information Technology Services
Email: julie.catellier at Vanderbilt.Edu
Phone: 615-343-1622