Host and service flap detection threshold valu e recommendation

Spencer Horn shorn at lssi.net
Thu Apr 8 15:06:30 CEST 2004

Platt, Nicholas wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I did not get any response to this message and I was hoping to receive
> feedback.  Thank you.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

I don t have flap threshold's defined within the service it self, i just add

 flap_detection_enabled         1

to all the services i want to turn flap detection on for.

and the following is in my nagios.cfg file,

low_service_flap_threshold=5.0
high_service_flap_threshold=20.0
low_host_flap_threshold=5.0
high_host_flap_threshold=20.0