Dependency problem

Paul L. Allen pla at softflare.com
Thu Apr 8 11:58:21 CEST 2004

Andreas Ericsson writes:

> If compensation is the issue notifications should be turned off and nagios
> used as a report tool. Setting the variables that control nagios's logic
> to a value that is clearly creating problems isn't the right way to
> suppress notifications.

So if Nagios keeps showing that you have network problems the fix is to
alter the configuration so that Nagios no longer reports them rather than
trying to find out why you have network problems and deal with them.  That
is the logic you applied when you said that he had a "crappy network" and
therefore it can't be "mission critical" for him.

> If you want me to not filter your posts in the future,

Nah, I'm more than happy for you to plonk me.  Or to say you have.

> It is actually possible to argue over something without
> claiming the other party to be an idiot.

Yes, it is.  But in your first response to me here, you called me an
idiot.  Pot, etc.

--
Paul Allen
Softflare Support