Status.log file disappears?

"Labonté, Diane" dlabonte at nrcan.gc.ca
Tue Apr 6 21:06:39 CEST 2004

Hello,

about the problem:
"When I click around on the various
> pages, I
> > always get messages like "It appears Nagios isn't
> > running, so command/process information isn't
> > available."  I don't know what these errors mean,
> when
> > Nagios is obviously running."

I also had this problem until I followed the instructions in the cgi.cfg
file.  I have copied this section below for your convenience along with the
line that uncommented so that Nagios no lnoger gives this message.  It is
important however to check and see exactly what cammand you type in to start
Nagios service.  In my case I had to remove the '/opt/nagios/bin/'otherwise
I still got the error message.

# NAGIOS PROCESS CHECK COMMAND
# This is the full path and filename of the program used to check
# the status of the Nagios process.  It is used only by the CGIs
# and is completely optional.  However, if you don't use it, you'll
# see warning messages in the CGIs about the Nagios process
# not running and you won't be able to execute any commands from
# the web interface.  The program should follow the same rules
# as plugins; the return codes are the same as for the plugins,
# it should have timeout protection, it should output something
# to STDIO, etc.
#
# Note: If you are using the check_nagios plugin here, the first
# argument should be the physical path to the status log, the
# second argument is the number of minutes that the status log
# contents should be "fresher" than, and the third argument is the
# string that should be matched from the output of the 'ps'
# command in order to locate the running Nagios process.  That
# process string is going to vary depending on how you start
# Nagios.  Run the 'ps' command manually to see what the command
# line entry for the Nagios process looks like.

nagios_check_command=/opt/nagios/libexec/check_nagios
/opt/nagios/var/status.log 5 'nagios'

Diane

any issue.