check_ping strangeness

Luke Fowler luke at indiana.edu
Fri Apr 2 00:22:25 CEST 2004

Marc,

tried both as the nagios user and as another non-privledged user. both
work fine:

[root at ratt libexec]# su nagios
[nagios at ratt libexec]$ ./check_ping 10.0.1.2 -w 3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100%
-p 1
PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 9.41 ms

[nagios at ratt libexec]$ ls -l /bin/ping
-rwsr-xr-x    1 root     root        28628 Jan 24  2003 /bin/ping

--Luke

--
Luke A. Fowler
luke at indiana.edu