notification problem

Terry td3201 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 05:49:54 CEST 2003

I am seeing some weird behavior with notifications.  I
see that there was an alert issued several times for a
service but no notification was sent out:

[2003-09-28 15:44:52] SERVICE ALERT:
foo;SLS-Non-Maintenence;OK;HARD;1;OK. foo is up.
[2003-09-28 15:44:06] SERVICE ALERT:
foo;SLS-Non-Maintenence;CRITICAL;HARD;1;(Service Check
Timed Out)

[2003-09-28 08:49:42] SERVICE ALERT:
foo;SLS-Non-Maintenence;OK;HARD;1;OK. foo is up.
[2003-09-28 08:43:23] SERVICE ALERT:
foo;SLS-Non-Maintenence;CRITICAL;HARD;1;(Service Check
Timed Out)

>From this you can see that it went down once and came
back up a few times.  Here is what the service cfg
looks like:

define service{
        use
generic-service
        host_name                       foo
        service_description
SLS-Non-Maintenence
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    nonmaintenence
        max_check_attempts              1
        contact_groups
warning,critical
        notification_interval           5
        notification_period             nonmaintenence
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_sls!foo
        }

>From this you can see that I have max_check_attempts
set to 1.

Shouldnt I get a notification for every alert for this
service?

Thanks!

=====
Terry