APAN & Mandrake 9.1 problems?

Jeff Bolden Jeff.Bolden at sterlingsavings.com
Thu Sep 25 20:26:24 CEST 2003

Been awhile since I've had to write to the list, but I'm really banging
my head against the wall here and thought it was time to ask for some
help.

I have an existing Nagios 1.0/APAN setup installed on Mandrake 9.0. The
box has been acting rather flakey the last few months, so I'm currently
building a brand new server with Nagios 1.1 and Mandrake 9.1. The box is
built and all my config files have been moved over to the new box, and
Nagios is running well. A lot of my APAN checks however, are not.

I use APAN in combo with NSClient to pull data such as System Load,
Drive Usage, etc. from our Win2k boxes. This has always worked great in
the past, but I cannot get all the checks to run correctly on the new
server. Actually, let me rephrase that, I get no errors in apan.debug,
but I'm not getting any info back on the checks. The RRD files are
getting touched, but it's like the script is not passing all the data,
so the graphs show blank.

So to begin with, is anyone having any problems with the Mandrake
9.1/APAN combo? This box is almost a mirror image of the original box,
same permissions, passwords, configs, RRDs, everything. The only
difference at this point is the newer OS and dependencies.