Checking for perticular procs

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Wed Sep 24 18:45:07 CEST 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Dan Spray wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Is there a script that will check if certain processes are running?  I need
> to make sure that there is at least one instance of ssh, 5 instances of
> httpd, sendmail.etc.  I have been using Big Brother for such things but
> would really like to get everything under one program.  Any help would be
> appreciated.

Yes, one of the standard Nagios plugins is check_procs, which will allow you
to check for certain numbers of processes running, or certain numbers of a
specific process running.

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110