Nagios Plugin and Mail errors

R. F. visigoth at home.nl
Wed Sep 24 18:05:29 CEST 2003

Hi there, I am getting the following errors when starting Nagios:

---
/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_ftp: error while loading shared libraries:
libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

sh: line 1: /bin/mail: Permission denied

/bin/mail -s "Host DOWN alert for sv09!" visigoth at home.nl" resulted in a
return code of 126. Make sure the script or binary you are trying to
execute actually exists...

Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'HTTP' on host 'sv09'
was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying to run actually
exists.
---

So my first question is.. I have OpenSSL installed (as RPM) but it still
asks for libssl.so.4. Where do I get it? It's a RedHat 8.

How come it's not allowed to mail?
And why don't my plugins work? They all give an error and the Status
Information says: "(Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be
missing)" - except ping, which says "/bin/ping -n -U -c 5 <ip>" (and
status is 'unknown') and SMTP (running fine).

The plugins directory is correct (as you can see from the first error),
I installed the RPM versions of Nagios and the plugins.

Thanks.