Questions about check_traffic plugin

Larry Crowder CrowderLG at ldschurch.org
Wed Sep 24 15:27:32 CEST 2003

Hello,

I am fairly new to both Nagios and Linux, but have set up a fairly good Nagios system and understand fairly well the plug-in concept. However, I have been trying for about a week now to get the check_traffic plugin working.  I have looked at the maillist  archives for help, but am still stuck.  (I have tried to contact Adrian Wieczorek but cannot find a valid e-mail for him)

1) Besides the info that comes with the plugin, does anyone have some additional info about configuring it?

2) At least initially I do not want to used RRD, and have disabled that in the Make Config that comes with check_traffic.  (Has someone tried it without RRD?)

3) Do I need to recomplie (configure) Nagios after adding the plugin or just restart?

Thanks

This message may contain confidential information, and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.