nagios compilation problems

Philipp.Straka at avl.com Philipp.Straka at avl.com
Wed Sep 24 07:46:31 CEST 2003

I need help.

-- When I try to compile, the compiler tells me, that the files
./xdata/x?ddb.c at line xx produce the error "no such file".
-- In the specified line of the c files, there is an include statement
requesting the files "mysql.h" and "errmsg.h".
-- I altered the include statement there from "mysql/mysql.h" to "mysql.h"
and supplied the configure script with "-with-mysql-inc=/usr/local/include"
(left the dir mysql away)
-- The new error is coming from "mysql.h". This file has an include
statement in line 107 requesting for the file "my_alloc.h"
-- The file "my_alloc.h" I found in the include directory of the src
distribution of mysql.
-- When I tried to compile after having copied this file to the location
specified in "mysql.h:107", there was another error. It is an "undefined
reference to mysql_init()", most probably because the "my_alloc.c" file is
not there with the corresponding header file. But I could not find the .c
file anywhere!

What can I do to get Nagios up'n'running?

I would be glad for help! :o)
Phil Straka