[Fwd: Nagios mysql and cgi]

Sean Whitney sean at visionary-networks.com
Sat Sep 20 02:14:23 CEST 2003

Sorry I didn't include that, it's all set up as far as I can tell.

Sean

## DG EXTENDED DATA
## Note: These config directives are only used if you compiled
## in database support for extended data!
## The user you specify here only needs SELECT privileges on the
## 'hostextinfo' table in the database.
#
xeddb_host=nemos-ds
xeddb_port=3306
xeddb_database=<protected>
xeddb_username=<protected>
xeddb_password=<protected>
#
#
#
## DB STATUS DATA (Read-Only For CGIs)
## Note: These config directives are only used if you compiled
## in database support for status data!
## The user you specify here only needs SELECT privileges on the
## 'programstatus', 'hoststatus', and 'servicestatus' tables
## in the database, as these values are only used by the CGIs.
## The core program will read the directives you specify in
## in a resource file.
#
xsddb_host=nemos-ds
xsddb_port=3306
xsddb_database=<protected>
xsddb_username=<protected>
xsddb_password=<protected>
#
#
#
## DB COMMENT DATA (Read-Only For CGIs)
## Note: These config directives are only used if you compiled
## in database support for comment data!
## The user you specify here only needs SELECT privileges on the
## 'hostcomments', and 'servicecomments' tables in the database,
## as these values are only used by the CGIs.  The core program
## will read the directives you specify in a resource file.
#
xcddb_host=nemos-ds
xcddb_port=3306
xcddb_database=<protected>
xcddb_username=<protected>
xcddb_password=<protected>
#
#
#
## DB DOWNTIME DATA (Read-Only For CGIs)
## Note: These config directives are only used if you compiled
## in database support for downtime data!
## The user you specify here only needs SELECT privileges on the
## 'hostdowntime', and 'servicedowntime' tables in the database,
## as these values are only used by the CGIs.  The core program
## will read the directives you specify in a resource file.
#
xdddb_host=nemos-ds
xdddb_port=3306
xdddb_database=<protected>
xdddb_username=<protected>
xdddb_password=<protected>
#

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 16:07, Sean Perry wrote:
> Sean Whitney wrote:
>
> > So I've compiled nagios to use mysql.  I started from scratch and have
> > recompiled all of it.
> >
> > Everything compiled fine after I moved some linking statements around.
> > Nagios starts and I am getting data inserted into the hostretention,
> > programretention and serviceretention tables.  However all the cgi
> > scripts give me a
> >
> > Whoops!
> > Error: Could not read host and service status information!
> >
> > When I start nagios I also get a
> > NAGIOS CRITICAL - could not find status log: /var/log/nagios/status.log
> >
> > error as well.  As I understand it all the status entries should now be
> > written to the 'programstatus', 'hoststatus', and 'servicestatus' tables
> > in the database.
> >
> > I would really like to buy a clue right about now...
> >

> You need to edit etc/cgi.cfg to tell the various cgi's how to get at the
> data.  There are plenty of comments to follow, just walk the file.
>

> --

Sean Whitney
PMB #435, 1901 NE 162nd Ave, Suite D105
Vancouver, WA 98684