[Fwd: Nagios mysql and cgi]

Sean Perry sean.perry at intransa.com
Sat Sep 20 02:23:58 CEST 2003

Sean Whitney wrote:

> Sorry I didn't include that, it's all set up as far as I can tell.

yeah, looks good.

Ok 2 things.

1) did you stop and start nagios after changing the cfg file?  They are
only read on startup.

2) can the username you specified actually access the database?  Try
doing 'mysql -u <username> -p' at the command prompt *ON* the nagios
host.  After entering the password you should be able to do 'use nagios;
show tables; select * from <somewhere>;'.  Perhaps the cgis are failing
due to an access problem.