Authentication

Brad Dunn bdunn at rdac.com.au
Fri Sep 19 07:30:40 CEST 2003

Hi there, I setup a nagios system on a debian box a while back, and am
now just having an issue remembering all the fixes for things on this
new RH box.

My current setup is on a RH9 [2.4.20-8]

My issue is in regards to the web interface in particular the
authentication. I've setup my hta password file for a user called
nagiosadmin and set a password for the user but its not authenticating
me when I try to log into the site.

 I have gone over the FAQ's on authentication setup a couple of times to
double check I haven't just made a simple mistake, but I'm at a loss to
see what's wrong. Just thought id check to see if anyone might be able
to see what's wrong with the configs.

Here is my files.

My httpd.conf includes a
"Include /etc/httpd/conf.d/nagios.conf"

my Include file consists of the following

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin /usr/lib/nagios/cgi/
<Directory /usr/lib/nagios/cgi/>
	AllowOverride AuthConfig
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from all
	Options ExecCGI
</Directory>

Alias /nagios/ /usr/share/nagios/
<Directory /usr/share/nagios/>
	AllowOverride AuthConfig
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from all
</Directory>

the permissions on the htaccess file are -rw-r--r-- root root
the password is correct in the file

the permissions on the cgi directory itself is drwxr-xr-x
the permissions on the website content in /usr/share/nagios are fine.

I also have use_authentication set to 1

All the paths to the CGI's etc seem correct. I'm sure I had a similar
problem last time on the debian box, but I grabbed another persons
httpd.conf fie and it just went away. Any ideas on what I can try would
be great.

Thanks

Brad