check_smtp

Yoder the Sheepherder stripp at myclearwave.net
Thu Sep 18 23:04:53 CEST 2003

What I have is:
in checkcommands.cfg
# 'check_smtp' command definition
define command{
	command_name	check_smtp
	command_line	$USER1$/check_smtp -H $HOSTADDRESS$
	}

and in services.cfg
# Service definition
define service{
         use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use

         host_name                       clrwv-mail
         service_description             SMTP
         is_volatile                     0
         check_period                    24x7
         max_check_attempts              3
         normal_check_interval           3
         retry_check_interval            1
         contact_groups                  admin
         notification_interval           10
         notification_period             24x7
         notification_options            w,u,c,r
         check_command                   check_smtp
         }

I've set up check_tcp on port 25 for now, but am still looking at what
caused this.  A sendmail upgrade may be causing this, but not sure.
Thank you much.

--
In a time of universal lies, Telling the Truth is a revolutionary act -
George Orwell