Nagios failing to check services

Jason Lancaster jason at teklabs.net
Tue Sep 16 19:27:08 CEST 2003

Matt,
You might want to log into the nagios web interface and load up all
services. Then sort by "Last Check" with the newest at the top. Watch it
for a few hours and see if the checks are never getting updated (or very
very slow) Also check the performance info button in the web interface
for average check latency/execution time. Maybe you have a pretty hefty
latency time?

If you are indeed hitting a bottleneck in performance, it would most
likely be due to the core nagios.cfg options. I don't see a copy of your
config files. If you'd like, you can forward me a copy of your nagios.cfg.

Good luck!
Jason