Nagios failing to check services

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Tue Sep 16 16:58:36 CEST 2003

This issue I reported yesterday is still going on.  The host in question has
now been down for almost 19 hours, and Nagios still hasn't reported it as
offline.

This seems to be a pretty spactactular failure of Nagios.  What would happen
if the three services on this box still reported as up were the only three?
The only indication I would have of this box being down would be the
complaints of my users.

Is this sort of wedging a known problem?  Is there a configuration error on my
part at fault, or is Nagios actually failing here?

I'd love to see a response from someone more familiar with Nagios than I.

Thanks folks,
   Matt Pounsett

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110