CGI permissions make me mad also! HELP!!!!

Rick_Blair at fws.gov Rick_Blair at fws.gov
Mon Sep 15 18:27:21 CEST 2003

My files are nagios:apache and my permissions are the same as you have
below.

Rick Blair
Network Engineer
USFW
303.202.2687

Matt Pounsett <matt.pounsett at cira.ca>
Sent by: mattp at office-mail.cira.ca
09/15/2003 09:14 AM

        To:     Rick_Blair at fws.gov
        cc:     nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
        Subject:        Re: [Nagios-users] CGI permissions make me mad also!  HELP!!!!

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 Rick_Blair at fws.gov wrote:

> Here's my cgi.cfg:
>
>       use_authentication=1
>
>       authorized_for_configuration_information=rblair,jfedewa,mjones
>       authorized_for_system_commands=rblair,jfedewa
>       authorized_for_all_services=rblair
>       authorized_for_all_hosts=rblair
>       authorized_for_all_service_commands=rblair,jfedewa,mjones
>       authorized_for_all_host_commands=rblair,jfedewa,mjones
>
> Here's the box in the upper left hand corner of my browser.
>  Logged in as rblair

That certainly looks like all the right stuff to me.
I'm a relatively new user to Nagios, so I don't know all the little
pitfalls..
If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

If you want to check permissions.. all my files are owned by nagios:daemon
(I
compiled nagios to use the daemon group instead of its own custom group).
Config files and logs are mode 0644, directories and executables are 0755,
and
the nagios.cmd file is 2660.

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration
Authority