status log documentation?

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Mon Sep 15 23:12:33 CEST 2003

Here's the format of status.sav --

http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=66&expand=false&showdesc=t
rue

that's only current info though. To determine historical data you would
need to parse nagios.log and archives/*. While I'm not logging all data
to nagios.log, the format looks pretty straightforward --

[[timestamp]] SERVICE ALERT: [hostname];[service];[STATE];[HARD |
SOFT];[check attempt?];[plugin output]
[[timestamp]] HOST ALERT: [hostname];[STATE];[HARD | SOFT];[check
attempt?];[plugin output]

--
Marc