Debian Unstable-> "Warning: Monitoring process may not be running!"

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy+nagios at undergrid.net
Mon Sep 15 19:44:29 CEST 2003

	As everyone else has already stated this is because of the
check_nagios_command which tries to run a plugin which isn't
available... I've been working to get the nagios-plugins package ready
to upload to Debian unstable but it's been requiring the Nagios package
maintainers (one maintainer handling nagios, one handling plugins)...
I've waited for some time for the nagios maintainer (Turbo) to respond
to my changes without a response... So given the length of time I'm
preparing to just NMU it... This NMU includes changes to the depends so
this should not be an issue any more as the nagios packages will depend
on the the nagios-plugins package... With that change from Recommends to
Depends on the plugins I've moved the Depends on the web server to a
Recommends so that distributed monitoring servers can be setup on Debian
without having the need to install a web server... I have had a few
problems reported that I'm trying to fix in my test packages now... I've
also had my main devel machine go tits up so I'm fixing that as well...
I hope to have it all upload soon though...

	Regards,
	Jeremy T. Bouse
	Aka <jbouse at debian.org>