CGI permissions problem

Rick_Blair at fws.gov Rick_Blair at fws.gov
Thu Sep 11 23:05:03 CEST 2003

When I try to access the CGI from the link on the nagios web page I am
getting the error:

                                        It appears as though you do not
have permission to view information for any of the hosts you requested...
If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication
requirements for accessing this CGI
and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file.

I have run my CGIs from the command line with my user id and they generate
html code with the proper data and I am allowed to run it.  I think that
rules out cgi.cfg as a problem, especially since I have not touched that
file since I had it working before.

.htaccess works on the main web page so I have to assume it also works for
the CGI directory since I see no error messages for httpd.

I have toyed around with the permisions for the directory which contains
the nagios.cmd file.  I have followed the on line documentation step by
step in this regaurd and I still get the same results.

The only conclusion I can come to is a file permission somewhere.  I have
made all of my CGIs 755 and everything is owned by nagios:apache.

Rick Blair
Network Engineer
USFW
303.202.2687