check_http : able to check authentication?

Alan Murrell alan at zoolink.net
Tue Sep 9 00:08:42 CEST 2003

Hello,

We are running Nagios v1.0, and I had a question about the check_http plugin.  One of our clients has a website they would like monitored, but it requires authentication (via the IIS popup box).  It is normally possibly to get in with your web browser using a URL similar to:

  http://user:password@www.domain.tld

I was wondering if it's possible to do something siliar in the Nagios setup, or if such a feature to the plugin is planned/feasible?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

TIA.

Alan Murrell <alan at zoolink.net>