contact_groups confusion

Joe Morris morris at unc.edu
Tue Sep 9 06:01:16 CEST 2003

It seems you can define (and in some cases required) contact_groups for a
service, hostgroup and serviceescalation (and others).  With these
overlapping, I'm confused on what takes precedence.

If I have services defined with a contact_group setting and that same
group of related hosts with a different contact_group setting, which one
take effect?  Or maybe I'm confusing hosts with services which are
different?  If so, how do contact_groups work with each other when defined
for a service and serviceescalation?