check_radius

nagios at acmecargo.com nagios at acmecargo.com
Fri Sep 5 07:31:00 CEST 2003

For future reference (archival reasons) I had to do the following to get
this to work:

1. edit my /etc/radiusclient/radiusclient.conf file to show the appropriate
authserver. If you do not have a /etc/radiusclient directory, you will need
to install the radiusclient and libraries (which you probably already did
if you got the check_radius plugin to install in the first place.

2. add the following to the checkcommands.cfg file:

# 'check_radius' command definition
define command{
         command_name    check_radius
         command_line    $USER1$/check_radius -H 209.208.xxx.xxx -F
/etc/radiusclient/radiusclient.conf -u username at domain.dom -p userpass -P
1812 -t 10
         }

I'm sure you could just pull in the ARGs from the services.cfg file but
this worked fine for me.

3. then of course add the check in the services.cfg file.

I was able to run the
check_radius -H 209.208.xxx.xxx -F /etc/radiusclient/radiusclient.conf -u
username at domain.dom -p userpass -P 1812
command from the command line with the result "Auth OK". Even though it
seems the -P (port) option isn't required, if you don't add it, you will
get fussed at.

Dylan