check_radius

Jeremy Madea J.Madea at mdl.com
Fri Sep 5 01:49:05 CEST 2003

nagios at acmecargo.com wrote:

> I'm having trouble getting the check_radius to work. The
> following is --help:
>
> check_radius -H host -F config_file -u username -p
> password'              [-P port] [-t timeout] [-r retries] [-e expect]
>
> Is the ' after password a typo?

If there is only one, yeah. You should probably put quotes around the whole
password though. Otherwise, you'll run into trouble with passwords that
contain characters which are recognized as special by the shell.

> What about the blank space before the port option?

That will likely work with or without the space.

> The help makes it sound like the config_file is
> optional but when I try to manually invoke the
> command without the config_file, it doesn't work
> and comes back saying "Config file error".

It's a common convention to show optional arguments in square brackets (such
as [-P port] above) and to show mandatory options without any brackets.
Based on that, I'd say that the "-F config_file" argument is mandatory
according to the documentation you pasted above.

-j
--
Jeremy Madea
Senior Systems Engineer