notifications re-enabling themselves?

jeff vier jeff.vier at tradingtechnologies.com
Wed Sep 3 17:44:51 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 10:37, Marc Powell wrote:
> CVS is in a high state of flux right now due to the development on the
> 2.0 code branch. Ethan has stated that CVS is likely to be extremely
> volatile so use it at your own risk. It's only alpha quality at this
> point.

In my original post re: the cvs tree, I specifically said the 1.1/stable
branch.  I forgot to re-specify that (the commit dates are all pretty
old, notably).

> > '/etc/init.d/nagios reload' (which I had run) spawned a rogue
> > duplicate
> > process (which, assuming it needs to bind to a port like a normal
> > listener, would be *impossible* under Unix - two processes cannot bind
> > to a port like that).
> Nagios doesn't bind to any port and having multiple instances running is
> actually quite a common problem. So common in fact that I feel like a
> broken record responding but I'm usually right.

Okay - then the init script managed to spawn a dupe daemon, then, via
reload or restart.  I've since found some warnings regarding the
'restart' argument.  I'm going to re-write my init script to do a proper
stop/start (with some pauses and checks in between) when give the
'restart' arg, I think.