Problem with tactical overview display

Joe Morris morris at unc.edu
Wed Sep 3 06:43:07 CEST 2003

Just installed Nagios 1.1 a month ago and going into production with it
any day now as soon as I work out a few more kinks.  This is on Solaris
2.8.  This problem is cosmetic, but a nuisance and have ruled out it being
a browser problem (tried IE, Moz and Opera).  Also found a possible bug in
tac.cgi.

When I go to the 'Tactical Overview' nearly everything displays correctly
except for the 'Services' section.  Going from left to right underneath
the the colspan for the Services heading the Critical cell is stretched
WAY OUT with the warning, unknown, ok and pending cells on that same row
squished off the screen to the right.  Unless I open the browser very
large, I must scroll the display to see those headings.

The 'Hosts' and 'Monitoring Features' display just fine (all evenly
spaced).  What's up with the Services section being so lopsided?  It looks
something like this...

|Hosts                                                       |
|   0 Down   | 0 Unreachable |     34 Up    |    0 Pending   |

|Services                                                              |
|0 Critical                         |    0    |    0    | 89 |    0    |
|                                   | Warning | Unknown | OK | Pending |

Hope that came out OK.  To get the real effect, make that Critical cell
twice its current width and you get the idea (did not do here to keep it
from wrapping).

I tried looking at the source for that frame and saw no glaring errors.
However, I did spot the string "stye" which looks like it was simply
misspelled.  I located that code on lines 1186-1190 of tac.c.  I thought
this may have had some strange effect and corrected the code, rebuilt
tac.cgi, but it had no effect (cells still uneven).