Nagios & Apache Configuration

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Wed Sep 3 01:56:35 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 11:52, Russell Adams wrote:
> The next question would be how to do that with SSL. ;]
>
> My standard http://server/nagios/ is SSL'd and requires a secure
> login.

Forgive my bluntness, but RTFM. As apache configs go, this is not that
hard. And further, it is not a nagios issue, it is an apache config
issue.

I will give you the info anyway, but please take the time to read the
apache docs.

> Russell
>
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 08:51:33PM -0400, Karl DeBisschop wrote:

> > The following works for me with an unmodified RPM install:
> >
> > ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/nagios/cgi/
> > Alias /nagios/ /usr/share/nagios/
> >
> > <VirtualHost nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:80>

Instead use:

<VirtualHost nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:443>

> >   ServerName nagios.example.com
> >   ServerAlias nagios

add:

SSLRequireSSL

> >  <Directory /usr/lib/nagios/cgi/>
> >     Options ExecCGI
> >     order deny,allow
> >     allow from aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
> >     AuthType Basic
> >     AuthUserFile /site/cfg/passwd
> >     AuthGroupFile /site/cfg/group
> >     AuthName "user"
> >     require group user
> >     Satisfy Any
> >   </Directory>
> >
> >   <Directory /usr/share/nagios/>
> >     Options None
> >     order deny,allow
> >     allow from aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
> >     AuthType Basic
> >     AuthUserFile /site/cfg/passwd
> >     AuthGroupFile /site/cfg/group
> >     AuthName "user"
> >     require group user
> >     Satisfy Any
> >   </Directory>
> >
> > </VirtualHost>

This assumes you have something like the following in your global
context:

Listen 127.0.0.1:443
Listen ${server_ip}:443
AddType application/x-x509-ca-cert .crt
AddType application/x-pkcs7-crl    .crl
SSLSessionCache         none
SSLPassPhraseDialog  builtin
SSLMutex  file:/var/run/ssl_mutex
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLRandomSeed connect builtin

Hmmmmm... Don't see any mention of SSL here.

--
Karl