"Could not locate a running Nagios process!"

Alberto Brealey G. alberto at gridshield.net
Fri Oct 31 16:54:39 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 19:18, Mark Douglas wrote:
> Ok, after further reading, I see that this appears to be a problem with the
> syntax of the nagios_check_command in cgi.conf. However, I can't find any
> mention of how to configure check_nagios (or another tool) to check if nagios is
> running properly while using mysql for status logging.

there are a couple of alternatives to check_nagios on the contrib/
directory in the plugins distribution (1.3.1): check_nagios.pl and
check_nagios_db.pl. I've never used anyone of them, but I can see that
there is code to check that the nagios process is updating the database.

hope this helps,

--
Alberto Brealey G.
alberto at gridshield.net