"Could not locate a running Nagios process!"

Mark Douglas mark at douglasclan.ca
Fri Oct 31 02:32:38 CET 2003

Ok, after further reading, I see that this appears to be a problem with the
syntax of the nagios_check_command in cgi.conf. However, I can't find any
mention of how to configure check_nagios (or another tool) to check if nagios is
running properly while using mysql for status logging. check_nagios seems to
rely on the existence of var/status.log which isn't being created by my database
using configuration. I tried configuring check_procs to look for a minimum of 1
nagios process, but I can't seem to configure the -C option to properly detect
that process, let alone any process running on my system. So that's where I'm at
now. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark