NRPE just won't start on Solaris.

Garrett, Matt M SITI-ITDIEEE matt.garrett at shell.com
Thu Oct 30 15:56:18 CET 2003

Alex

Have a check in /usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg
what does the server_port say it is set to.
By default it should be 5666 , but your error logs seem to say it is trying to use port 125 that is all ready used by something else.

I would also try running from the command line e.g
/usr/local/nagios/nrpe -c /usr/local/nagios/nrpe.cfg -d

To see if that sheds any light on the problem.

Hope this help's

Matt

Matthew Garrett
Unix System Support
Seafield House, North Anderson Drive, Aberdeen AB15 6GZ, United Kingdom