[Help][URGENT] i CAN NOT drawing my Status Map....

axacheng axanet at ms32.hinet.net
Wed Oct 29 15:36:22 CET 2003

Hello All:

I'm using Gentoo GNU/Linux 1.4 as my Nagios server

nagios version is 1.1 and it has compiled --with-template-extinfo

so that , i CAN use "Template-based method" to configure  nagios for
drawing my status map right??????

=== COMPILE LOG:===
 External Data Routines:
 ------------------------
              Status data:  Default (text file)
              Object data:  Template-based (text file)
             Comment data:  Default (text file)
            Downtime data:  Default (text file)
           Retention data:  Default (text file)
          Peformance data:  Default (external commands)
       Extended info data:  Template-based (text file)

Unfortunately, i always got error message when i view my "Status Map",

error message as following:

**You have not supplied any host drawing coordinates , so you cannot use
this layout method.**

i DO NOT  restrict cgi.cfg access in cgi.cfg "use_authentication=0"

OK, i refer to my config

### /etc/nagios/cgi.cfg ####
snip--->%---->%----snip
use_authentication=0
xedtemplate_config_file=/etc/nagios/hostexinfo.cfg
default_statusmap_layout=0
snip--->%---->%----snip

### /etc/nagios/hostextinfo.cfg ###
define hostextinfo{
        host_name       stage2luke
        notes_url       http://localhost/nagios/share/docs/xedtemplate.html
        icon_image      debian.png
        icon_image_alt  web server
        vrml_image      debian.png
        statusmap_image debian.gd2
        2d_coords       100,50
        3d_coords       100.0,50.0,75.0
}

i known someone got same error before, but i can NOT find how does they
solve this problem.....

i had  studied many doc , faq and mailing list....but still no idea to solution
about this error.....

need your help , please........

hostextinfo

--