Nagios spawning more and more processes.

Rabie van der Merwe Rvdmerwe at mhg.co.za
Wed Oct 29 13:13:54 CET 2003

I have been successfully running Nagios 1.1 on Mandrake 8.2 9.0 and 9.1,
but have been having some issues running it Mandrake 9.2.
I run a distributed setup with nsca, and a dedicated "parent" server.
Nagios starts fine on the parent, but after a while it will start to spawn
more 'nagios -d -c /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg'`s until the box runs out of
memory. I have run nagios from the command line, and then every now and then
it says that some check is stale and it will do a manual check. These checks
just seem to sit their until killed.

I have extended the check_freshness interval, but it's ignoring the setting,
then tried disabling the setting, still nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Rabie

				------
				NOTICE
				------
This message contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.

Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copy or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient, is prohibited.

If you received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail, facsimile or telephone and thereafter delete the
material from any computer.

Metropolitan Health Group, its subsidiaries or associates
do not accept liability for any personal views expressed in
this message.