[Nagmin-users] NagMIN Question

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Oct 27 23:43:49 CET 2003

    Fred> I love Nagios but my concern has been, and is, that it's too
    Fred> focused on continuing to modify different ways of configuring it
    Fred> from flat files.

Conversely, using NagMIN to add information for several machines at a time
can be tedious. ;-) My biggest feature request would be to allow the NagMIN
database to be locked (as far as the NagMIN user interface is concerned).
This allows me to dump the database to flat files and make large-scale
changes by safely editing the SQL file.  Right now I just dump the database,
make my edits, then reload the database, all the while praying that one of
the other system engineers doesn't get adventurous and choose that moment to
try NagMIN themselves (so far they just ask me to make changes).

--
Skip Montanaro
Got gigs? http://www.musi-cal.com/