FW: [Nagiosplug-help] check_disk problems

Yanek Korff ykorff at cigital.com
Mon Oct 27 16:30:58 CET 2003

Well I'm not using -e, I just have different lines in my nrpe.cfg for
each filesystem I want checked since I want to indpendently specify
warning and critical levels on a filesystem-by-filesystem basis.  In any
case, out of curiosity I looked at the check_disk function today...
looks like under ideal circumstances:

if (disk_result==STATE_OK && erronly && !verbose)
	continue;

This if statement results in the following line not executing:

result = max_state (result, disk_result);

Which means result retains its initialized value of STATE_UNKNOWN, so
later it errors out.  I'd contact whomever wrote this, or perhaps just
place a copy of the result-assigning line in the aforementioned if
statement and rebuild check_disk.  I just confirmed this seems to work
okay -- for your sanity you may want to use the -m option.

-Yanek.

This electronic message transmission contains information that may be
confidential or privileged.  The information contained herein is intended
solely for the recipient and use by any other party is not authorized.  If
you are not the intended recipient (or otherwise authorized to receive this
message by the intended recipient), any disclosure, copying, distribution or
use of the contents of the information is prohibited.  If you have received
this electronic message transmission in error, please contact the sender by
reply email and delete all copies of this message.  Cigital, Inc. accepts no
responsibility for any loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from
the use of this email or its contents.
Thank You.