Simultaneous Host Up/Down events

Mark Parker Mark.Parker at beacon.com.au
Mon Oct 27 03:43:10 CET 2003

Hi,

Can anyone shed some light on how it would be possible for Nagios to report a Host UP event and a Host Down event at precisely the same time, down to the second?

When I view the history logs it shows the two events occurred at the exact same time, although the Host Down is the first entry in the log file.

This presented an issue for us, as we received a host down alert, and with no subsequent Host Up notification manual intervention was required, despite the host being fine.

Has anyone any insight into a probable cause for this, and why the Host Up notification was not sent, when the Host Down was.

Thanks in advance

Mark Parker