service checks interval

crsurf crsurf at terra.com.br
Sat Oct 25 23:51:04 CEST 2003

Re: [Nagios-users] service checks intervalI´m interested to know the problem
before users notify this for me or to administrator, and in some criticial
services for business, in most cases the users notify the administrator
before monitoring system, in case of this services are being checked at an
interval of 5 or 10 minutes.
I not see correlation in service check interval with time to correct a
problem, a problem correction depends of the problem, in some cases a
service restart is sufficient to solve a problem, but when a disk crash, the
time to resolve this problem is much largest.

Cristiano Costa