check_ircd woes

Lance Albertson ramereth at gentoo.org
Fri Oct 24 23:52:55 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 16:44, Marc Powell wrote:
> Well, I would suggest modifying the service definition by dropping the
> hostgroup_name line and replacing it with a single host_name line as a
> test. Maybe it's something wacky with the expansion of the
> hostgroup_name.

I do that and I get this. I even added -w 50 -c 100 to the command
definition.

Invalid warning threshold: -H=209.248.79.90

And to verify what I have in checkcommands.cfg:

define command {
    command_name check_ircd
    command_line $USER1$/check_ircd -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w 50 -c 100
}

I've also tried other combinations of the command definition using -w
$ARG1$ -c $ARG2$. I even changed the order of the commands, still with
no luck. Sometimes it'll say the same error, but instead of -H its -w.
It's really strange...

> If that works, (or if it doesn't) also include the host and hostgroup
> definitions.

Here's the host definition for the host I tried:

define host {
    use         generic-host
    host_name   us.co
    alias       us.co.nixhelp.org