Giving contacts limited viewing access without notifications

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Wed Oct 8 22:44:19 CEST 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Raymond Page wrote:

> It's not a matter of creating a contact with notification period none
> or making their contact method invalid (or mail /dev/null), it's a
> matter of giving view access to a service on a per contact basis
> while nullifying notifications for that user for that service.

Hrm..  okay, more musings here..

What if you create a contact group which has no notification period, add the
appropriate contacts to it, and then associate the group with these extra
services?  I'm not sure which notification period would take precedence, but
POLA suggests to me it should be whichever period is most restrictive (i.e.
"none" ).

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110