Giving contacts limited viewing access without notifications

Raymond Page pagerc at ufl.edu
Wed Oct 8 22:17:56 CEST 2003

I didn't explain my situation quite right.  I'm trying to expand what
existing contacts can see.  They are currently getting notified and
seeing services respective to their job function (ie. services they
maintain), but they need to see other services as well (they support
but do not directly maintain), but don't want to receive
notifications for these other services that they can see.

It's not a matter of creating a contact with notification period none
or making their contact method invalid (or mail /dev/null), it's a
matter of giving view access to a service on a per contact basis
while nullifying notifications for that user for that service.