Horizontal correlation of services

David VanDamme nagios_list at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 8 14:38:54 CEST 2003

Hi List,

I`m not sure that "horizontal correlation" is the correct term for what I`m
trying to achieve,
but anyhow, here`s what i would like nagios to do for me :
"A host has several services attached to it,  and if a certain percentage of
these services fail,
i want to create a notification."

To make it more concrete, i`ll give 2 examples of where this would come in
handy,

A gateway router has 3 routes to the internet, and does load-balancing and
fail-over over all 3,
at night I only want to have my support staff woken up when 2 or more of
these routes are down.

A http-load balancer load-balances the load over approx 8 web servers, and i
only want to have beeper notification if more then 3 out of 8 servers are
down.

Is this at all possible in Nagios without writing my own plugins and putting
this logic in the "check commmands" ?

Regards,

David