check_nt and perfmon counters

Burton, Steven steve at sliderule.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 8 09:43:58 CEST 2003

Hi,

we are having trouble with a service on our WinNT boxes which I monitor
using Nagios/check_nt. When I set this up with the -v COUNTER object on one
server the troublesome process (McAfee ePO frameworkservice) showed as 4.16%
processor time with check_nt while showing 95-97% in task manager's process
list. It is the same with the command line.
I used:

cd /usr/local/nagios/libexec
./check_nt -H <hostname> -v COUNTER -l "\Process(FrameworkServic)\%
Processor Time","%.2f%%"

and yes, 'FrameworkServic' is the correct instance :-)

Can anyone shed any light on this as WinNT is not my strongest subject?

Steve Burton

Steve Burton BSc(Hons) MIEE
Network Manager
Shepherd Construction Ltd

Frederick House, Fulford Road,
York. YO10 4EA England.
Phone: +44 (0) 01904 660391
Fax: +44 (0) 01904 610256

Registration Number: 201860 England
Registered Address: Huntington House, Jockey Lane, Huntington, York YO32 9XW

The view or opinions present in this e-mail are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the
company.

The email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and are intended solely for the individual
or entity to which they are addressed.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify sclcomp at shepherd-construction.co.uk
quoting the name of the sender.

Whilst every care has been taken to check this outgoing e-mail
for viruses it is seen as your responsibility to check and
sweep it, and any attachments, for viruses on receipt.

http://www.messagelabs.com