UCE from Clearcentral Software

Vlad Didenko vdidenko at Getcollc.com
Tue Oct 7 18:27:05 CEST 2003

I got that, too, since I am a subscriber of the board. I do assume that is the same Tim, since here is the post on the board:

http://support.tsmgsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?t=2

<blah>
TSMG Software Inc. announces ClearCentral Server Suite will be available September 2003.
<skipped/>
</blah>

I am concerned, that NT clients' monitoring will be diverted to best suite the BMC integration, not the community needs. Even if it is good to make money on Open Source software and contribute, bad business practices should not be welcomed.

Vlad.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ethan Galstad [mailto:nagios at nagios.org]
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 11:57 PM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] UCE from Clearcentral Software

If others have gotten these (or continue to get spam like this) I
would like to know.  If it is indeed TSMGSoftware or an affiliate of
theirs, I would be inclined to remove the links to their addons from
the downloads page.  I get more than enough spam and I'm sure the
rest of you do too.

On 6 Oct 2003 at 16:54, Bob Amen wrote:

> Greg Vickers wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Below is a message I received from Clearcentral Software - has
> > anyone else received this (i.e. have they harvested email addx from
> > nagios.org) or is this just me?
>
>  I also received one. My guess is it's because I signed up for the
>  forum
> at TSMGSoftware.com so that I could download NSClient. I seem to
> remember that Tim Shouldice is one of the principles of TSMG Software.
> Or maybe they did harvest addresses from nagios-users.
>
> > I'll be sending them a strongly worded message and will be filtering
> > messages from clearcentral.net to /tmp/spam I think...
>
>  I fired off a nasty gram to them.
>
> Bob
> --
>     Bob Amen
>    O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
>        http://www.ora.com/
>      http://www.oreilly.com/

> reporting any issue. ::: Messages without supporting info will risk
> being sent to /dev/null

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---