Unexpected token or statement

Richard A. Hogaboom hogaboom at ll.mit.edu
Tue Oct 7 15:30:58 CEST 2003

On 6-18 Michael A. Carpenter got this same error:

Unexpected token or statement in file ".../nagios.cfg" on line n.

when I was running /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v
/usr/local/nagios/etc/capella_test1/nagios.cfg

I'm getting the same.  His email and RE:'s did not find a solution.
Has anybody?  I've used only mods to the sample files.  If I remove
the first log_file=... line and move it down the nagios.cfg file, then
the same error occurs on the first non comment line which happens to be
a cfg_file=...   line.  The error is being detected in xodtemplate.c
line 438.