Some acks aren't retained across reloads/restarts

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Tue Oct 7 05:38:58 CEST 2003

Those settings are for global configuration.  Make sure each individual
service (or it's designated template) is set to retain status or non-status
information as well.

"Skip Montanaro" <skip at pobox.com> wrote in message
news:16257.58493.512876.609102 at montanaro.dyndns.org...

> I'm using NagMIN to administer my Nagios (1.1) configuration through the
> web.  At one point I changed NagMIN's activate button to tell Nagios to
> reload its configuration instead of restarting the server.  At the moment,
> some acknowledgements aren't retained across activates even though
> nagios.cfg contains these settings:
>
>     retain_state_information=1
>     state_retention_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/status.sav
>     retention_update_interval=10
>     use_retained_program_state=1
>
> For example, before my most recent activate click in NagMIN, the HTTPS
> service on brynmawr was ack'd as down.  Two hosts, garfield and luis, were
> ack'd as down.  Garfield and luis are still shown as down (and ack'd).
> Brynmawr's HTTPS service is still critical with a status message of
> "connection refused", however the ack - as represented by the little
> man-with-a-shovel icon - has been lost.
>
> I manually restarted Nagios using "/etc/init.d/nagios restart" (the
vanilla
> rc script which comes with Nagios).  Same problem, so it doesn't appear my
> restart->reload change in NagMIN was the culprit.  I've also confirmed
that
> restart->there is only a single Nagios instance running and that
> restart->/usr/local/nagios/var/status.sav is being updated.  Here's the
> restart->latest record from status.sav for the HTTPS service on brynmawr:
>
>   SERVICE:
brynmawr;HTTPS;2;1065476326;0;191;0;0;363;1065476343;1;1;1;1;1;1;1;1;1;0;106
5476343;Connection refused