cgi-cfg error

Jason jason at boredbum.com
Sun Oct 5 06:56:05 CEST 2003

Hello,

I have looked everywhere and tried to troubleshoot this problem for the last
3 hours.  Here is the error I am getting.

Whoops!

Error: Could not open main config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/cgi-cfg' for
reading!

Here are some things you should check in order to resolve this error:

1.      Make sure you've installed a main config file in its proper
location. See the error message about for details on where the CGI is
expecting to find the configuration file. A sample main configuration file
(named nagios.cfg) can be found in the sample-config/ subdirectory of the
Nagios source code distribution.

2.      Make sure the user your web server is running as has permission to
read the main config file.

Make sure you read the documentation on installing and configuring Nagios
thoroughly before continuing. If all else fails, try sending a message to
one of the mailing lists. More information can be found at
http://www.nagios.org.

I get this when I go to my nagios site to check status and when I click any
of the links for monitoring or reporting I get this.  I have the daemon
running just fine and all my services are catching things that are wrong.
What could it be?

Here is what my httpd.conf looks like.

NameVirtualHost :80

<VirtualHost :80>

ServerAdmin webmaster at boredbum.com

DocumentRoot /usr/local/nagios/share

ServerName web53.paradise.net

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/nagios/sbin/

<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin/">

AllowOverride AuthConfig

Options ExecCGI

Order allow,deny

Allow from all

</Directory>

Alias /nagios/ /usr/local/nagios/share/

<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">

Options None

AllowOverride AuthConfig

Order allow,deny

Allow from all

</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/nagios/sbin>

AllowOverride AuthConfig

order allow,deny

allow from all

Options ExecCGI

</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/nagios/share>

AllowOverride AuthConfig

Order allow,deny

allow from all

</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

I left out the namevirtual host just for privacy.  I really appreciate yalls
help with this.

Jason Bartels